We strongly believe in the active role of the planning supervisor during both the design and construction phase of a project. At Corand CMS, we believe the designer can make a significant contribution to designing out risk by working with the planning supervisor.
Our duty as planning supervisor requires us to ensure:
- Co-operation between designers
- Enough attention has been paid to health and safety during design
- The design includes adequate information concerning the health or safety of the workers and the public
- Residual risks and relevant health and safety information are included in the pre-tender (or pre-construction) health and safety plan
- Residual risks for future works (including cleaning, maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) are recorded and will cross reference with operation and maintenance manuals and other as-built information.